Thursday, October 23, 2008

Outsourcing America

I just found out that my job as an IT tech will be outsourced this coming year sometime between March and June. This confirmed my feelings of moving to Idaho sometime soon after March. At the same time it has left me with a feeling of being used, abused and disregarded. I do not want to jinx myself with the fact that I have always been able to find a job that takes care of my family and I. Now with our son I fear more than I have ever than i have feared in the past. School will be put off due to my job was what was paying for it. Meaning those jobs that require certain degrees will not be available to those of us with specialized schooling and such. Looks like a good time to finish that book. It has its good side. I never thought I would feel so violated from losing a job that I was already thinking of leaving in the same time period.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I guess we could always move to India...