Thursday, October 2, 2008

I love my son

Everyone that knows me knows how much I love my son. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me along with my wife. He makes me laugh all the time, he does things that make me smile just thinking of them. Ethan loves lots of the things he should not get into, as do all one year old boys. He loves to get into the cupboards, any drawer that he can reach, mom's purse, my guitars, and especially the computer. He usually just keeps getting into things when mom gets after him, but whines when I do. Recently when he gets into the studio he goes directly for the computer and puts the mouse strait into his mouth while banging on the keyboard. A few times I have caught him he whines when I come into the room while banging on the keyboard. The last few times he jumps and knows he is not supposed to be there and tries his hardest to get a few more keystrokes in, hitting the keyboard faster. Last night was the best one yet. He took off into the studio, I knew exactly what he was going for. Calling out his name he would respond with complaining whines. He knew I was coming after him as his complaining got higher pitched, and the fact that he was watching the doorway as I entered. He was looking at me as I said his name one last time and he gave his complaint with a jump as if I had startled him. With his startled whine he threw his hands up, still holding onto the mouse, and turned the opposite direction to run. The problem is that the Computer sits on the right wing of a recording desk, so he turned around to run smack into the left wing of the desk. The whole scene reminded me of ET. Beth and I admit, Ethan has short stubby legs, and long arms with a long torso... ET can be described the same. I laughed so hard about this Ethan had no clue what to think. I really wish I had captured it on video, I think that I will try to set him up and get it on camera.
I guess he figures that if Mom and Dad are getting on the computer that he can too, although his skills may need to be polished.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Yes, that really was a funny moment. And, you were still laughing about it a few hours later that night. Ethan's a stinker, but a crack-up!